Saturday, May 29, 2010

Slight Redirection

Life, as it is wont to do, has taken a turn for me. This place has been dormant for a while as work and career issues have taken a larger part of my focus. The biggest of those issues being the process of applying for an MBA. I'm most of the way through that now, but while I was neck-deep in it, I found other people's recollections of their experiences app'ing for b-school very helpful, so I feel like I ought to return the favor.

I'm doing it here, as opposed to starting a new locations for a few reasons. First, I like the name, and I'm loath to give it up in an internet where name-space is rapidly becoming a very limited commodity. Secondly, I'm going to endeavor to keep this going to record the experience of actually being in an MBA and all the eccentricities that come with this stage of a career, and I don't think it's accurate to try to whitewash that and pretend that my interests are purely school and career focused. People don't think in a vacuum, and all my more frivolous interests are just as much a part of my experience and thinking as the more weighty ones.

That said, I've culled a lot of the more esoteric posts from the archive. Many of them were very old, and of rather focus, and would now only be of interest to people deeply immersed in certain pastimes, and even then only for nostalgia's sake.

So, here's to forward progress.

No comments: